Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We finally made a decision.....


So we finally made the decision to sell our two little Italian Greyhounds. Those of you who know me well, know that we have been tossing the idea around for a while now. I thought that I would be all to happy to do it, that is until I really started thinking it through and imagining them not being here. It made me sad. Jeff was kinda letting me decide, he was ok with selling them even though he would miss them or just training them more and keeping them, so that left it up to me on if I truly wanted to.


I decided yesterday that it would probably be for the best, Jeff and I aren't the most patient with "accidents" inside our house, they shouldn't get got after that often. Jace I think will miss them. He has been the main reason we haven't sold them before now, he loves to play with them. Though the older he gets the harder that will be, so now is a good time. This does not mean that I won't have dogs again, I actually love dogs, just not indoors as much (as I have found out). Unless I had a doggie door and fully fenced yard, I don't think we will get another indoor one. OUTdoor is another story " )


So yesterday (after some tears) I put an add on KSL. I have had ton's of page veiws, and about 5-10 min after I put up the add a lady calls me wanting them both! (that was actually a requirment, I wouldn't seperate them) We are still working things out with her, like meeting her and such. She sounds perfect though! Has a 5 bedroom house they can roam in (No dog will ever be aloud to "roam" our house), she LOVES dogs, trains and breeds them, plus she say's to me " I am not a people person, I am a dog person. I suck dealing with people" She sounds really nice over the phone. We are going to meet with her this week ") She even offered to sell us one of her outdoor compatible dogs in the fall time, we are thinking about but haven't made a decision yet. I think we will wait until then to decide for sure.

Sorry this is kinda long, and some what boring. Just wanted to, not vent but I don't know the word. Journal I guess, for lack of a better word " )


5 comments:

Greg and Taya said...

How sad, but good too. It is always hard to get rid of an animal that is part of the family, but sometimes it's for the best. Good luck!

Sarah said...

Those are always hard decisions, but it sounds like it will work out for the best.

Jason and Noelle Jones said...

That is a hard decision... But it will all work out good! We had to put our dog to sleep cause she was old and now that I don't have one it sounds horrible but it is so nice. but it is so hard to let them go... Good luck!

Alison said...

I can relate to how you are feeling. We have had our dog since he was a puppy, and he is an indoor dog. He only has accidents every once in a while (if we haven't let him out in a while). All in all, he is a really good dog. My problem is that he is ALWAYS around! He is always at my feet and I almost trip over him every day. My other problem is that he barks anytime someone comes to the door, and Carter's bedroom is right by the front door... I love him but it would make my life easier if he were gone (and make it easier to clean my house). There is no way Mark will part with him though. So once he is no longer with us I am done with indoor dogs.

Tim and Melissa said...

I'm glad it is all seeming to work out in the end. How great that you've found someone that will keep them together. Good luck with the emotions of it all! Miss you guys!