Friday, December 4, 2009

Ummm Ouch, dosn't say it!

5 steps from my goal but I can't make it, it seems to happen almost in slow motion. He truns and trips over his growing toddler feelt then he falls, in a knees first then belly rolling up to the face motion. Hands are splayed out to catch the fall, he belly flopps right onto the bed of wretched plants.
I run as fast as I can those last 5 steps while I am watching this, but only get there in time to pick him up before he can press the spines further into his poor little hands. I grab him by the middle and run him over, far far away from any more danger. Immediately everyone is gathered around the cute wailing little boy and yanking the spines out of his body as fast as we can. Why, may I ask, do they have to have a poison that burns on the needles? I mean really isn't being sharp and menacing looking enough?! Nope they burn too. Luckily we had many adults to help hold and yank, one who was so smart and had a burn oitment to spread on once we had gotten them all out, another who had extra clothes, seeing as we had to throw the others out "/, and others to keep the other kids from being to curious. They all learned from my baby's experience thankfully. It was a story to be told that is for sure. He now knows what "pokey's" are and remember's that they hurt, make you cry and burn. He was so brave, braver than me when the adreniline wore off. He was the one comforting me " )

So how is my book writing ability? K so it sucks, I know, but you get the gist of the story " ) It was not a fun one to be sure. Only two were really difficult to get out, one was on the knee and when they guy with us got it out he said it was a good 1/4" long! The other was in his hand and too deep to get out that morning, so we let it fester then got it out easy peasy. Brave brave kid, I tell you what!


This.....


Plus this adorable boy.....

Equals a very sad sad time.




Can't see them well, but there are red welts all over his legs

Hands, arms...

Stomach, chest...


Even his little face "( Thank Heaven he has glasses so they didn't get in his eyes!

4 comments:

Taya said...

Poor little guy! I'm so sorry that happened. So traumatic for everyone!

Anonymous said...

Poor sweet little guy!!! How horrible to watch sutff like that happen, and not be able to do anything about it.Hope he's feeling better.

Sarah said...

it makes my heart hurt that he got such a horrible ouchy. He's lucky he has such a good mommy to take care of him. Girls night was a blast - thanks for letting us invade your house :).

The Phetsysouk's said...

Oh man Bethany, that is so sad! I am so glad that he is ok. I can imagine how you were feeling. But on the other hand, glad you had a great time!!!