Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Cute saying and saying See you later.
So first a cute thing Jace has been saying lately: It all starts from when he is naughty and I tell him that he gets to apologize. He says sorry and gets a hug and a thanks. Well lately if I accidently hurt him in someway this is our short cute conversation:
Him: Say sorry Jace?
Me: Yes, I am sorry Jace.
Him: Tanks (thanks) sweetheart.
hee hee, love it.
I guess I must say that, yet I haven't noticed. Amazing what you don't notice you say often until you have a precious little toddler picking them up and repeating them to you. Luckily I have a pretty safe tongue.
Saying Farewell. My brother Ben is leaving on his LDS mission tommorow! So this past weekend we had a big family get together with lots of people (my whole family plus all the kids), food, fun conversation and lots of laughing.
Sunday Ben gave his talk, he did so well. It was on How family has helped me prepare for a mission or something close, not so kind a subject to give a departing missionary. He started crying about a min in, he even said looking down at his watch "we aren't even a minute in" He was trying to calm himself to read a scripture and his contacts were giving him grief... So he eventually pulled the one sucker that was worst out and put it on the podium saying "we'll just save that for later" It was really funny. Ben has always been a very funny person, he can always make me laugh! The talk was so heart felt, I loved it.
I don't do so fabulous with saying goodbye, see you later or any form of that. So Sunday night when it was time for me to go I let my guard down and started crying myself, for 2 reasons.
1- I was going home to an empty house (already had to do one see you later saturday with Jeff)
2- had to say bye to Ben. I told him he is a good guy, to do good and to stay safe, I told him I'd kill him if he wasn't ;) I hope he understood what I said through the hiccuped advise.
I love my brothers so much, what awesome examples they are to Jace! My whole family for that matter is absolutely wonderful. Ben said it best near the end of his talk by saying " I have the best family in the world" I have to agree with him there.
Ben do good out there in Florida! Don't aggravate the gators, don't go to the beach and have fun! We love you so much and are so dang proud of you! I know what you are doing is a good thing, I believe in your message to these people " ) Have a GREAT two years!!! (and hopefully I can get you another neice or nephew or two while your gone ;) )
Posted by Bethany at 12:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment