Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blessing pictures!



K I wanted to make certain that I got pictures of Elle done before she was too big for her dress and before she was not a newborn.  I succeeded in both thankfully....now hopefully she will fit in it on her blessing day Sunday! ;)  The joy of making the dress myself, somewhat easily altered if needed.
Before Elle was born I crocheted a blessing dress for my niece Emma, see the earlier post about it, and it turned out really cute.  Cute enough I guess for Jeff to suggest I make one for our little girl.  I had planned on blessing her in my blessing dress, which by the way is beautiful, then decided that it may be fun.  I picked out a dress from a picture a woman posted online of her's, I got the pattern from her and about cried when I saw the thread...yes thread,not yarn, that I had to use for it...not to mention the crochet needle size!  Holy tiny!  I got started and got frustrated, kept going, felt like I knew what I was doing, got frustrated again, etc.  It took me 5 months to finish it and I am most pleased with the end result.  I love the talent of crocheting :)  It was a great project, granted though, I am thankful it is finished.
The happiness you see in Jace's face in the pics is SO real :)  We may have a bit more defiance issues on our hands, yes.  Though he is as good to her as we ever wanted him to be.  He says to me sometimes " I keep you and Elle safe mommy, and you and daddy keep me safe."  So true ;)  We want him to be protective over her, and he is.
Referring to Elle he will tell people "she needs to sleep to get strong and healthy so she can talk better, and she is growing up to be my friend."  Oh how I am praying that, that stays true forever!
Elle is doing great!  She has grumpy moments, yes.  She is certainly a different baby from Jace.  Both my babies have their ups and downs.  Jace was a total napper and was until a year or more ago, Elle on the other hand isn't a fabulous napper.  She will however go to sleep on her own at times, at night.  Jace wouldn't do that for quite some time.  See different yet still both have great qualities.  I couldn't be a happier mom.
Jace is so ready to do school.  I maybe should've done summer preschool for him.  He is just kinda done with being home all day, and was even before Elle came.  I am certainly going to struggle to let him to to preschool, he will just love it after day one.  He is so independent and yet still dependent enough to make me feel needed and loved ;)  I plan on looking into some martial arts to put him in soon.  I really believe he would love it as much as Jeff did and does.  He is a great big brother, the perfect first child of our family for sure!  I love both of them so much, and their daddy, just so much.
Life can be good, we just get to make it that way.  Be grateful for what Heavenly Father has given us.  He has given me some wonderful blessings and I am working on being grateful every second...even the rough ones ;)

2 comments:

Rodarte Family said...

Wow, Bethany. That is some serious talent! What a beautiful dress!

Gordon and Robyn said...

Her dress turned out GORGEOUS! Wow! I love the sleepy smiles ♥