Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Well we are a very lucky family! We get 2..yes 2 Thaksgiving's every year. My mom and dad decided years ago that so the families that live close enough to both families didn't have to switch off every year they would always just hold the Gordon one the next day. It has worked wonderful every year for all that can come, plus then I get to eat both of the most delicious meals!
Thanksgiving at the Stockings was great, LuAnn even invited some students from USU, they were fun to talk to, they were all forgein, so it was fun to see them try some "American" Thanksgiving food ")
My parent's Thanksgiving was fun too. My brother's family suprised us by coming! Plus I made a blueberry pie that actually turned out to be pretty good ")
All in all we had a Awesome weekend, especially because I did not go the sales in the morning. Maybe someday I will go to take some pictures of the "avid shoppers" THAT would be an awesome post! This year though I didn't feel like getting trampled, shoved and yelled at. You brave souls who go each year, more power to ya!

3 comments:

Jason and Noelle Jones said...

I am glad that you had a good Thanksgiving and I am even more glad that you didn't go shopping cause I don't want to have to worry about you getting trampeled or something like that!!

Greg and Taya said...

How lucky that you get 2 meals!!! Greg went shopping Friday morning. He enjoys it??? He got some good deals though!

Anderson Avenue said...

I like the whole idea of two Thanksgivings! Maybe I will propose that idea to the families! Sounds like you had a great holiday and yes Friday was the craziest I have ever seen it! So you didn't miss out on much.