Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Coolest Jail

So this is, I think the coolest thing that a Jail warden could ever do. These are the inmates from the CPDRC ( Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center) in the Philipenes. They are real inmates in jail for rape, murder, durgs etc. They all dance (every inmate is required to) for rehabilitaion. My friend Sarah put "Thriller" on her blog and I thought it was great so I went to You-tube, there are a lot of them! Look them up " )

Here are a few for you to see what they do! And yes the one in the pink is a guy and he does like to dress like that. ")

A news thing put on You-tube from the philipenes said that they haven't had violence between them for about a year now. They inmates (most of them) like it. One, the "star" dancer of this thriller video ( the one playing Michael Jackson) , says his son is proud to say that his dad is now a "You-tube dancer" and that the jail life has changed since they started this form of rehabilitaion. Cool huh?!


Sorry this one is blurry I couldn't find a better one.

2 comments:

Rodarte Family said...

Brilliant! What an inspired idea! That is a serious undertaking. Congrats to the CPDRC staff/inmates : )

Alison said...

Too bad they couldn't have used these skills instead of their OTHER skills... Pretty cool though. Other than that guy playing the chick was kind of freaky. He played the role a little too well...