(Jace was a little unsure about the present that Grandma and Grandpa Gordon gave him, he did tear into it and loves the books)
Jace had a great party! We had cake, presents, and family how fun is that?! There is a bit of a story, but it is about me not the cute birthday boy.
I decided to make a pancake and egg breakfast for Jace, then later we went to get his pictures taken. In-between there I started to have a very queezy tummy. I ignored it the best I could, but kinda slaked off during the morning thinking I would have plenty of time after pictures to get everything done by 6:00. Boy, was I wrong. The girl at JCpenny's was alone, the other girl didn't show, so that took much longer than expected. Then we rushed to the store to get the icecream that I had forgotten a day or so earlier. Hurried home because I had not yet made the "marvlous" cake that I had planned. It was when the cake was in the oven I realized that I only had about 30 minutes until people started to show up! I broke down, I didn't feel good and now I felt stupid for not planning well enough. Luckliy my mom came early and talked to me and lovingly convinced me that it was ok and that it would be just a part of the party, to watch me make the cake ") Sooo I did and it actually turned out pretty cute, with Jeff's loving help I might add, thanks babe! Well the zinger is... I forgot to serve the dang icecream that we had wasted time to go get, darn it! Ah-well. I wouldn't have done it different if I could because now I have a good story to tell Jace every year on his birthday ") It really was a great day for him, and I am so glad!
Playing with some of his favorite Stocking cousin's




6 comments:
Nothing beats a first birthday. It looks like you guys had a great time. Man time flies. The cakes are so cute!
The picture of Jace at the top of this post is so cute. I'm sure the party was a hit even if you were still baking. :)
Yay for Jace! Happy Birthday! I'm so sorry that I've slacked on getting a gift to him. I keep meaning to email you to tell you its coming...but it isn't in the mail yet...soon. I'm glad everything turned out well! Love you guys!
good job on the cake! It turned out darling:) Party days are always crazy it seems like!
I do the same thing! I always wait till the last minute, but I think we as mom's just want everything to be so perfect sometimes!! I'm sure no one cared about the cake not being ready!! It turned out great by the way!
How did you make that cake? It looks so hard. Yo need to teach me so I can do it for Spencer. I LOVE it. It turned out great. Jace looks happy. BTW I can see your house in the background and it looks so nice. I am jealous!-Camey Sant
(Sorry I check your blog).
Post a Comment