Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wierd subject I know, I'm a mom though!

K so here is an issue that I am hoping to get some killer advise on!... PlEaSe " )

Jace wakes up soaked every morning! I can't keep his pj's in stock because we go through one a night.
I thought the problem was that we are using the cheap-o diapers, and I guess that is one issue. I went and got some better diapers for him to wear (only at night) and still this morning he was had wet through, not as bad as when I used the other diapers, still though, wet and destined for the laundry.
The other issue I think is that he sleeps on his stomach, most of the time.
I have tried limiting his drinking to an hour or so before bed, giving him his snack then a small drink after to help absorb the liquid, and even sitting on the potty before bed (ha ha, like that worked). Nothing has helped. Partly because it is extremly hard to "limit" his drinking. He is like me and likes to drink more at night, for reason's I do not know or understand myself.
Still have tried and either he has a super bladder, or I don't know "/

Can any of you give me advise on how to solve this? I would greatly appreciate it " ) Thanks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it might be hard on you, but maybe if you get up once in the night and change him, or try to put him on the toilet if he's dry and see if he can go. otherwise, drink limiting is hard on such a little kid, but you've got to stop longer than an hour before bed.. more like 2 or 3... but the first idea could possibly help with potty training later??!!

Anonymous said...

With Trey we had to try different diapers, first it was the cheap ones (he and Tylee get diaper rash with those), then Luvs, then Pampers. Those worked for a while and then on the only ones that would stop our leak was Huggies. Crazy I think, but the boy LOVES to drink!!
Sorry if this doesn't help but that is what we had to do for Trey!! Good Luck let me know if you need anything!!

Sarah said...

miles had that problem when he was first born. We just moved up a size and it stopped? dont know that you can at his age though...sorry.

Greg and Taya said...

I second what Kristina said. We used to have this problem with Reece. I don't know what kind of diapers you got, but Huggies worked best for us at night. Other than that, you have tried everything else I would have! Good luck!

Alison said...

Dido what Taya and Kristina said. I use store brand diapers during the day and Huggies at night. I also move him up a size when he starts peeing through his diapers a lot (at least for night time). Also, I have not tried them yet but Huggies makes some overnight diapers you could try. Walmart.com had a free sample that you could sign up for so you could try that to see if it works. Good luck!

Tim and Melissa said...

Same advice from me - try moving up a size if you aren't already in size 5's. Good luck!!

Shian said...

The best advice I was given when Gav was a little guy in diapers was to aim him down when you change him. I VERY rarely had leaking problems and I'm convinced that's why.

Jace is so cute!