So I have a bit of catching up to do " )
First off I made that cooky lookin block thing and Jace thought it was cool, the pics are funny because they show those mood swings that seem to start at 18 months " ) Kinda funny, I laugh, that way I don't get annoyed.
Next we went on a hike up to Mt Timpanogos Cave, k, when they tell you that it is a hike meant for most anyone to do they are meaning that very lightly I think. My goodness that hike was a bum kicker for me. My legs were tired but not horrible, I just couldn't breath worth a darn! It felt nice to be out and doing something though and the caves were really cool! My favorite part was that all of my Family (minus Rich, who wasn't home just yet) was there. Quite an achievment with the family size that we have. Infact this summer we have gotten together as a whole family more than we have in the last.... 2-3 years or something close to that. It has been AwEsomE to have everyone living so much closer " )
Then the other day was kinda rainy so Jace and I made Zucchini cookies! Really good by the way ;)
I let him help me with each step, and to make sure I did he would say "help you?" anytime I reached for something. As you can see he even helped put them on the cookie sheet. Though I did "fix" them a bit before putting them in the oven. We had a lot of fun doing it! He is liking helping me cook and I love that he wants to help even though it takes a little longer to do it.
Jace is a helper, anytime Jeff mows the lawn Jace wants to "help you, Jace" as he says it sometimes. So Jeff is so nice and lets him help push the mower, it really is a precious thing.
Jace has recently been more independent and so when he says things if he want's to do it himself or is reffering to himself, he will tack his name on the end of what he is saying. An example if above, here is another "Hawngry Jace", "sl-ide Jace", or "do it Jace. It is so cute to hear him put his thoughts into words. Which he is getting better at all the time.
Another thing for him is "minet" pronounced mine with a T just like it looks like. He says it to just about everything, so the sharing lesson's have come up full swing for me " ) He also often tells me or Jeff to "stop it mommy" "stop it daddy" if we tell him to please not do something or we are talking when he wants to tell us something. That gets a bit irritating I tell you what. It is apart of him learning though I guess. In the morning when he wants to get up he sits there and will say " MOMMY" or daddy repeatedly in a quick loud voice, actually makes me smile as I get up.
Still SO mischeveous " ) As you saw in the pictures he will dump things out, or spill or take things to the laundry room or him room and shut the door so he can investigate them in "private". He is so honest and sweet though. He told us when the strawberry milk powder spilled, or will promptly give back what he knows he probably shoudn't have when we catch him in the laundry or his room. I hope that Jeff and I can always act in a way that makes him feel like he can always be that honest with us even during the very not anticipated years of adolescent " )
Jeff and I are doing well " ) We are still so in love of course and have so much fun with Jace! Jeff is selling more houses now and is busy busy. I am grateful though, and excited for the people that are getting the houses. It is so fun to get a new house!
Sorry! Long post, don't blame you if you didn't read it all, and if you did... YAY for you and thanks for taking the time to catch up with what's going on with us " )
Friday, September 18, 2009
Cars, Caves and Cookies and Fun!
Posted by Bethany at 1:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
You've been busy, and keeping up with your cute little boy~! I love hiking to timpanogas!! It's so fun.. but FREEZING!!!
Post a Comment