Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Opportunity

This is a video that is on a friend's blog. She is helping to organize this Walk/Run 5K that they are doing for this cute little thing! I guess they need to raise money for a treatment that could help her live 4-5 times longer! As it is, this aggressive cancer will only let her be here for 9-12 months. I welled up as I saw how energetic she seems to be now and what a struggle she has yet to go through. Brave Mom, family and Girl for sure! I can't imagine what it would be like and pray I never do.

If you are interested in doing the 5K here is some info on it!

When: Saturday October 24th

Where: Celebration Pointe Reception Center- located in the Business Depot. Ogden

Time: Registration @ 8:00 am, Race starts @ 9:00 am

It is a Walk/ Run for the 5K but there will also be a 1 mile route for walking

Cost: $20 per person or $50 for a family(2 adults and up to 5 children under 15 years) Wagons and strollers are free.

Monetary Donations will also be accepted.

They are still in need of sponsors! So if you could help get the word around about this that would be great!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Bethany you are awesome! Thank you so much for putting this on your blog. I shed a tear or two every time I watch this video...

Drew and Amber said...

That is so sad..... I better enter the race

Anonymous said...

that's awesome... if I had any desire at ALL to walk or run... I'd totally come... But it's awesome some donation runs actually benefit people.. sometimes you wonder how much is really going to the people it's for!